The Rules. Sept 2, 2010 12:20:13 GMT -5
Post by Giovanni Facilli on Sept 2, 2010 12:20:13 GMT -5
The following are updated rules for the site, and new rules as deemed fit by the staff.
1. The use of Nuclear weapon's is allowed, but you must have two admins to accept it.
Two admins have to accept it, and theres only two, so you basically need everyone acceptance for you using them. Also, to achieve this acceptance, you have to have a very viable reason for using the weapon(s). Also you have to look at this at a "world" stand point. If a nation uses a nuclear weapon, they have to contend with several things. One, the area is now littered with nuclear matter, so if you were invading this nation, you basically made a spot completely useless. Second, your populace will most likely not agree with you for using such a weapon, as nuclear weapons are viewed negatively around the world but the average person. So this would create dissent in the general populace of your nation. Thirdly, you would have to deal with a large hate among the rest of the worlds nations, putting yourself in a very bad political situation. So using a nuclear weapon is a huge risk, and I believe this risk is big enough that they should be allowed, with the be prepared warning labeled on them.
2. The Use of biological and chemical weapons can only be used if you gain approval from two or more admin.
3. You can not be friends with every nation on Earth, if an admin feels that you have too many Allies, then prepare to be in a world of hurt.
4. Battles will have a Staff GM, who will determine the outcome based on several factors such as players, size of the forces, any allies, and using factors from the real world such as technology level, training, and morale(determined if your nation's military is on a losing streak, or is unbeatable). All Battle GM's must be unbiased, and fair to both sides, and if you the players feel that you have been wronged, please send an admin a PM.
5. Political Assassinations, will all be carried out by either Carlos Nowak(controlled by an Admin) or a Rouge CIA Agent named Andrew Wilkin's, the cost of a Political Assassination is $100,000. An assassination attempt can fail, so be prepared. Carlos has a more aggressive style, that is easily traced back to who ever hired him, but he has a higher chance of taking out his target.
6. You receive 1,500 CP per post.
7. A Unit Cap, nation leaders, you can only create up to three units by yourself, after that, you will need other players to join your side, and create units.
8. Ending the Game, the game ends, and will restart, when either someone gains complete control of the planet, in a risk manor, or the year hits 2100.
9. Being Invaded, the key idea in invading a nation here is to capture the Capital, it makes things easier, however, the downside is that now the Invader's must fight resistance fighter's, who can manage to restore their country if they drive the invader's out
10. Civil War, if someone new wants to take charge of a nation, but the current leader doesn't want to give up control, then the one trying to gain control can PM an admin, and ask to start a civil war. A Civil War will only happen if a majority in the staff agree to it.
11. Winning a Civil War, the Loyalist's usually start off with the upper hand, but that can change. Revolutionaries can ask for outside assistance, or if the loyalist Government is unpopular, they will control most of the Civilian sectors of the nation. Either way a GM will decide the outcome after weighing all options, and factors.
12. Members are expected to follow the chain of command
13. Leaders you may not replace your current nation leader with a new one.
14. If you are removed from power as a nation leader you may NOT go and lead another country with the same character.
15. If you declare war on an NPC nation an admin will take over that nation for the duration of the war.
16. You must take public opinion into account, and be realistic about national reaction. Its 2024, run a nation like it is
17. The Admins have the final say, but the head admin may over-ride other admin decisions if he/she feels like it. Remember, this is not a democracy, this is a dictatorship.
18. Characters can die, remember that.
19. You may have alliances with NPC Nations, but don’t go crazy.
1. No arguing unless there is a really good reason
2. Don't bring anything that happened in the chatbox into the actual RP.
By joining the site, you agree to these rules, and if you break said agreement, you run the risk of being punished. Punishment can include Banning, Smacking, Being Kicked, being lashed, being Keel-Hauled, being forced to walk the plank, being forced to rub the admins feet, being forced to dance for us, being eaten, being forced to eat yourself, being forced to give the admins a hair-cut, being forced to jump up and down like a moron, being forced to listen to the Admin's singing, being beaten with a cactus, and being forced to confess ye sins.